For the past two months we were working on the 2.2 release, adding few small features and fixing bugs. (Thanks for all the feedback!)
We are now nearing the final release, but before pressing the button we prepared one more (we hope it is the last) beta version – beta-3.
If you are already running the beta-2, you can just start the SmartUpdate program and it will fetch the new version. Otherwise, you should follow the detailed instructions outlined in the beta-1 announcement.
- System.TypeCon doesn’t handle correctly browsers that do not support UInt8ClampedArray (Safari, default browser on Android 4.x, …). Currently, beta-3 just ignores the exception in that unit which allows the application to start but most of the type conversion functions will fail if you’ll try to use them.
Changes since beta-2
- Compiler supports comparing Variant to nil with = and <> operators.
- Added option controlling whether to add unit to the project’s uses section to the ‘new unit/form’ dialog.
- Added unit name validation to the ‘new unit/form’ dialog.
- Improved Find&Replace dialog behaviour when executing ‘Replace all’.
- Added W3C.Console unit.
- Added tool ‘Limit precision’ to the editor’s pop-up menu. This tool limits precision of numbers in the selected code.
- Added support for the Page Visibility API to the RTL.
- Added simple example for the Page Visibility API.
- Added preferences page for internal browser configuration.
- Updated to CEF3 revision 2069.
- Updated W3C.Canvas2DContext and W3C.HTML5 units.
- Removed the GUI for disabling WebKit GPU acceleration as DCEF3 no longer supports that.
- Fixed event generation problem on secondary forms.
- Fixed “Invalid variant operation” error in the compiler.
- Fixed codegen for some class parameters.
- Fixed codegen for StrBeginsWith.
- Fixed “double free” bug in TW3Component.Destroy.
- Fixed issue with performing a background compilation twice on project load. The fix not only removes an internal exception, but also speeds-up project loading as it only updates editor states once.
- Fixed problems with Property Inspector and event generation (general crashes, “Invalid property value” exceptions).
- Fixed implementation of TMath.PI and TMath.E in Espruino.System.
- Project is correctly reloaded in internal browser when recompiled.
- Corrected ‘Show parameter’ (Shift + Ctrl + Space).
- Fixed a problem when project files for a newly created project were not monitored for changes.
- Fixed a problem when change was not detected if a form file (.sfm) was modified on disk.
- When a new project is created, existing Unit1/Form1 files are no longer silently overwritten.
- Fixed loading a project without a .sdk file.
- Corrected occasional problem when File1.sfm was not written to disk when new project was created.
- Corrected extensions for generated icon files.
- Fixed a bug where all controls on the form were duplicated when form was edited ouside of the program while it was open in the editor.