We have received lots of useful feedback from the first beta.
We have addressed most of these, but there are a few more issues we want to implement before the final release. Thus a second beta.
If you would like to give this a try, you can download the installer here:
A valid license key (trial or subscription) is required.
NOTE: Since v2.0 isn’t forward compatible, you can’t open v2.1 projects in v2.0 anymore. Make sure to always backup your projects case you want to revert to v2.0 again.
The Smart Mobile Studio Team
Changes from first beta:
(A complete changelog can be found with the beta-1 announcement)
- Source maps are generated correctly.
- Object inspector was not updated when user double-clicked on a component to create the default event.
- Fixed: New / Added project files do not show up in project manager.
- Column/row positions in editor were swapped when user clicked on the call stack in the debugger.
- Fixed compiler issue with invalid nested methods.
- Fixed breakpoint/current line icons in editor gutter.
- Fixed memory leaks in the debugger.
- Improved variable content hint display in the debugger.
- Improved the way editor state is restored when last cursor position was in column 80 or more to the right.
- Improved backspace behaviour when cursor is on an empty line and line before that is also empty.
- Added W3C.File unit.
- Fixed project generation bug with template-based projects.
- Added several missing hints.
- Fixed: Errors in visual forms (e.g. missing events) are not located properly.
- Error in source code of a form now focuses the source editor.
- Improved background compiler stability.
- Fixed access violation in the debugger.
- Fixed: Class completion fails for implicit methods.
- Fixed code completion.
- Changing components in designer now marks form as modified.
- Fixed issue with codegen of enumeration constants.
- Fixed Ctrl+Delete behaviour.
- Error/message/hint display in source code is removed after a successful compilation.
- Fixed: Internal resources did not Base64-decode properly.
- Custom templates are now used during linking.
- Fixed: Espruino project source is now opened when a project is generated.
- Action hints are show in the keyboard shortcut manager.
- Fixed bottom toolbar look.
- Dotted unit names are displayed correctly in tabs.
- Fixed jumping to errors in external units.
- Added ‘Set as default’ and ‘Set as debug’ layout manager images.
- Improved background compiler performance.
- Adding a Slider component now adds correct unit to the source code.
- Fixed Live preview toggle.
- Smsc now compiles Smart projects (.sproj).
- Fixed Syntax check implementation.
- Object inspector shows True, no longer -1.
- Removed non-functional RTL Class Browser from the Tools menu.
- Program is reloaded in internal browser whenever it is started.
- Fixed problem with controls being inactive (text couldn’t be entered into TW3EditBox, for example).
- Event handlers can again be generated by double-clicking in the Object Inspector.